- Natural School : The father of this school is Aristotle. According to this school of thought, “law is the dedicate of reasons.” It believes that natural law is the seeds of all other laws. This school of thought tells us that law is rational and reasonable. Hugo, Grotius, Thomas Aquinas, Cicero, Plato etc are the philosophers of natural law school.
- Analytical School : The founder of this school was Jeremy Benthem and Austin is the father of this school. According to this school, “Law is the command of sovereign. ” It believes that if there is no sovereign, there is no law. This school is also known as positive school, imperative school etc. The supporters of this school were H.L.A Hart, Salmond, Nelson, Holland etc.
- Historical School : Savigny is the father of this school. According to this school of thought, “Law is not made but found.” This school believes that like language and culture, law grows with society and dies with society. Historical School is the bridge between past and present status of law which. The supporters of this school were Sir Henery Maine, Montesquieu and Puchhta etc.
- Sociological School : According to this school of thought, “Law is social engineering. ” This school of thought is also called functional jurisprudence because it deals with practical of law in problems solving. Social engineering means balancing the conflicting interests of society. The supporters of Sociological School of Jurisprudence are August Conte, Eugen Ehrlich, Roscoe Pound and Duguit.
- Realisti School : The supporters of this school were Holmes, Gray, Frank and so on. According to this school, “Law is the practice of court.” This school of thought believes that only judge made law is law. It gives importance to judge made law. This school of thought is regarded as a wing of Sociological School. This school focuses on what the judges say and decide.
- Socialist School : According to this school of thought, “Law is an instrument of exploitation and nomination. ” Socialist School is based on the theory of Karl Marx. This school believes that law is made for exploiting poor people by rich people. Karl Marx, Fredrich Engels, Lenin are the chief supporters of this school.